Thursday, January 28, 2010

This week so far....

The weeks go by fast. Can't believe that it is already Thursday and I have been at this for 4 days...OK 3 days and a morning. So I weighed in this morning and I have lost 5 pounds so far.... yippee!!! The best part is that it hasn't been all that hard. I'm following the real age diet and basically I'm eating all day...lol. I have a pretty big breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert, snack. That's a lot of eating. You can check the diet out at www.realage.com. I have tried lots of different eating plans and this by far is the easiest to stick to for me. I must say for me cause it really isn't a one size fits all thing.

I have also been doing the biggest loser 6 week workout plan. The first 3 weeks you alternate between low-intensity cardio with weight training. The last 3 weeks is high-intensity cardio and more weight training. I'm in my fourth day. So for four days I have gotten straight out of bed and workout. VERY proud of myself. I started out with just my stomach measurement and I will do that one each week. I could measure my whole body but its really my stomach that bothers me the most. Funny isn't it that my big ol' butt doesn't... Anyway I will also post that on Monday mornings.

It hasn't been all fun and games though. Last night I was struggling. I wasn't really hungry but I want something satisfing i.e. sweet, creamy goodness. I tried an apple, that so wasn't cutting it. I grab a handful of walnuts, that helped a little. Dinner was to be a turkey roll and baked potato. So I decide to have the baked potato with butter on it and skip the turkey roll up. This is exactly what I needed. Was it the right way.. Maybe not but it did keep me from going and having a brownie sundae at DQ. So I figure that made it right for me at 7:30pm on Thursday Jan 28th. Best of all I'm totally fine with my decision. I don't feel guilt or like I blew my diet. This might not sound like a big thing. But its huge. Things like that can totally throw my diet off. It starts with well I had some butter and blew it, might as well go full out. Some chips maybe a brownie or two, three, four. You get the idea. And even better yet. After that I sat in my bedroom with Garry and went over some health choices that would satisfy me in those situations.

I always look forward to my cup of coffee in the morning. I was trying to think of a healthy snack that I love. Hard to do :) Anyway a couple of years ago a very dear friend of mine showed me Kashi cereal. I love it! Eureka, Kashi! Its awesome with a bit of yogurt and blueberries. Yummy one of my favorite healthy desserts. So off to the store to find me some Kashi.

happy days

1 comment:

  1. When I read that you were struggling.. I thought you might say you ate something that would make me feel better about my double cheeseburger.
    I will have to stop by and try the Kashi.

    I am so proud of you! You rock! We can so do this.

    ReplyDelete