Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Plan

        I want to document my progress and this seems as good as any.  Let me tell you why I wanted to start this program in the first place.  I have been tired, bone tired, and fat, really fat.  My boys are starting boy scouts which means lots of physical activity.  I want to keep up with them.  Go on hikes and not feel like I"m dying.  Sleep outside and not moan and groan the next day.  In addition my health.  I have been blessed so far with good health.  Blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar are all good for now.  How long will that last?  I'm turning 47 this year in October.  I don't feel old and I like to keep it that way.  Several of the ingredients in the shake are "super foods"  with high amounts of vitamin, minerals, good fats, and other proprieties to starve of disease and aging.  Not that getting old is bad just all the aches, pains and complication that comes from living in the modern age.  One of my biggest fears is Alzheimer's disease.  Maca Powder has many anecdotal evidence that it protects against it.  That good in my book.

       I want to blog my experience on the journey.  This is good for me to write it down but also to see if what they say is true.  Will my libido and energy improve, will I lose weight, will my skin glow.  This we will see.  I actually started on Monday at 264.8 (yikes)  today I weight 261.2.  3.6 pounds in 4 days.  Of course this is water weight and such so it doesn't really count.  We will see really result over the next couple weeks and months.
 
       My final goal is to lose 90 pounds.   It really is 100 but 90 sounds so much more doable.  I also want to increase my fitness level and compete in a 5k in the fall.  Next summer I would like to be at Boyscout summer camp all week and complete the 1 mile swim with my son.  One on my smaller goals is to lose 40 pounds by my birthday in October.  That gives me 4 months.  Below is my program outline.   I"m giving up all bread, white flour, and sweets (I will have some that are made with paleo ingredients on occasions.)   The one thing that I'm keeping for now is my coffee with creamer.  I might give it up later on, we will see.

The basic idea:

2 Shakes
2 snacks
1 Balanced dinner
Lots of water!!!

Shake:
2 cups water
2 scoops of Vegan smart Chocolate all in one.
1 Tbs Flaxseed
1 Tbs Cocao Nibs
1 tbs Camu camu powder (this is omitted from the second shake)
1 tbs Maca Powder
1/4  Avocado

Snacks
2 hard boiled eggs - Morning
1 piece of fresh fruit - afternoon

Dinner:
4-6 oz of lean protein
1 healthy starch - (no bread)
2 veggies


No comments:

Post a Comment