Monday, March 15, 2010

This week stats

Lost a little over a pound and 1/2 inch around the waist. So that is a total of 18.5 pounds and 2.5 inches around the waist. Going good. I was worried about this week, and I learned a new truth. The two days of REALLY bad eating can overshadow 5 days of good eating. Which I find to be totally unfair! But it made me think this week. Are excessive cheat days worth it. I don't mean the occasional piece of cake or chips and dip. I'm talking about the full on Monty. Let me explain what happen.

It started on Monday night. We decided to get pizza. Instead of thinking ahead and eating one slice then having something reasonable. I have three slices of pizza which ended up being about 1500 calories. On top of the that I had some GS Thin mints and pringles. OK so what was I thinking. If I had just one slice of pizza and then a large salad. I would been great. But instead I ended up eating 2900 calories....WOW. That is almost two full days of food. So instead of losing weight all week I was fighting just to get back were I started on Monday morning.

So finally by Thursday I made it back down a pound so what do I do Thursday night. Have fajitas and chip and dip from On The border. This is just crazy so now the weekend is full of working out hard core and low calories days.

Now here is the truth. I can eat those things I love but in moderation. If I would have had one slice of pizza and salad. If I would have had chicken fajitas and skipped the chips and dip. I would have had a much bigger lost this week. Moderation, moderation, moderation. The only problem is I don't know if I can do moderation. I mean really if I was good at it I wouldn't weigh what I do. It so hard. I'm struggling with should I give up these food until I'm where I need to be? Ok, fellow dieters what have you found to help you? Please leave a comment on what has worked for you. I would love to get any input I can.

Some very positive things have happened this week. I went shopping with my lovely daughter this weekend. She wanted to go to Old Navy. They had the cutest summer dress. So I grabbed my normal size and a size smaller just in case. My normal size was huge!!! Not just big, they swam on me. Then the size smaller fit just right. It was awesome. So then I decided since its going to be a month or two before its nice enough to wear them I decided to buy a size smaller. That put me in a LARGE!!! OMGoodness!!! I haven't worn a large in I can't tell you how long. Now I'm not saying they fit yet. But I can get into them and they are snug, but I'm thinking about 15 pounds and they are going to look FABULOUS!!!!!

I have also started working out again. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm scared to death. I like working out, but it puts my hunger level through the roof. I'm hoping that since I have a semi grasp of my eating (other then the cheat days :) I will be OK. So Saturday I did 2 miles with Leslie Simon then I did the weight lifting portion of biggest loser. Sunday I did 3 miles with Leslie. That is mainly why I had a lost at all this week. I'm going to keep up the workout this week and see how it goes. I think I'm also going to chart my hunger. Just track it and be very mindful of what my body is feeling.

So this week is starting. Its all about the planning. I do best on weeks that the I have planned the weeks menu ahead of time. So today I'm going to sit down and plan this weeks food. Its actually getting easier. I pretty much eat the same thing everyday except for dinner. I thought I would get bored with it. But it just makes it some much easier. I don't really have to think about what i'm eating. I know that when I get hungry to grab either edamame, an apple, or raisin and almonds. I'm still eating about every three hours and that seems to working best for right now. Alrighty, been very long winded this week. So off I go.

Hope everyone has a very wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment