Friday, January 7, 2011

8-week Challenge

Starting the 8 week challenge with some friends. Very excited. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. So that 2.5 pounds a week. I'm pretty confident that if I stick to my eating plan and workout plan it should be in the bag. Actually I'm hoping to lose more then that, but I don't want to jinx myself :) The challenge is this. We have a 4 & 8 week goal. Then we break that down to weekly goals. If you hit it YEAH! If not you have to give 5 dollars to charity. If you hit your 4 week goal then we are going to celebrate with a pedicure. If you make your 8 week goal we will celebrate again with another pedicure. If you don't then you donate another 20 dollars to charity. At the end we are going to do a Charity Walk. Not sure which one yet. Should be fun. Plus the added bonus of friends motivating you and celebrating your successes.

I actually started last week and lost 5.6 pounds this week. I'm very happy about but it is stupid weight that I gained over the holidays. I still need to lose another 7 pounds before I'm back to my lowest weight. I getting back into the groove of eating healthier again. Thanksgiving through Christmas was rough. I was eating all kinds of crap, my body and mind really were taking hit. I can already feel the difference of having good food in my system and working out.

I should have good numbers next week. I only got in two workouts with this week weigh-in. Our new schedule is Monday/spin, Tuesday/off, Wed/front half weights, Thur/ Back half weights, Fri/off, Sat/Zumba and Sunday off. I think this makes a really good rounded program. The weight training is in circuits so I still get a good cardio workout. I really aim for at least 500 calories per workout.

April we are heading to Florida and the beach. I'm really looking forward to it. I want to be able to wear a bathing suit without being totally self conscious about it. I like the one I have now, but it would be nice to get a new smaller size one :) Maybe I should order it as a reminder of what I want to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment